Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal data protection policy
“STEEL SERVICE CENTER S.A.” considers it extremely important to protect the personal data of natural persons who do business in any way with the company. That is why we are taking appropriate measures to protect the personal data we process and to ensure that it is collected and processed in accordance with the applicable law and the European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”), both by the company itself and by third parties processing personal data on behalf of the company.
The company operates under the company name “STEEL SERVICE CENTER TECHNICAL AND COMMERCIAL SA” and trade name “STEEL SERVICE CENTER S.A.”, with its registered office in the Municipality of Echedoro – O.T. 42, D.A. 9 Str., C-Phase of the Industrial Area of Thessaloniki in Sindos and is legally represented (website: kes.gr).
Categories of personal data processed
- We collect and process personal data of customers and suppliers provided to us in
the course of the company’s business. We use this information for the purpose of
fulfilling and carrying out the contract assigned to us.
- We collect data also on those who work for us (company staff and external partners)
and on those looking for work by submitting a CV.
We do not collect or process specific categories of personal data or sensitive personal data, except in cases required by an explicit legal provision and as stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data related to online services, such as an IP address, is not processed.
We collect simple personal data. Typical examples are:
- Identification and contact information: We collect your simple personal data such
as name, address, and general contact information (including email address and phone number), and your professional capacity.
- Information required within the scope of an employment relationship: such as
education/training/expertise and skills, previous professional experience, marital
status, date of birth, gender, bank account number, VAT number, social security
- Invoicing details: We collect your details, for example, your name, VAT number,
home address, business registered office etc, required for the issuance and payment
of any related tax documentation – invoice,
- Payment transaction data and payment services data: We collect this data, such
as bank account details for money transfer via e-banking, remittances, etc, either from you or from the payment service provider you have chosen, to pay for the services provided by us. In such cases the transfer of data by us is considered as being done at your request to the transmitting provider, who is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the said data.
- Image data from a video surveillance system installed in the exterior grounds of our
premises, with simple image reception (current status display only), solely for the
purpose of the safety of persons, goods and our premises. Such data is not recorded,
collected, stored or processed.
Use of your data
- You can visit our website, for which no individual password is required, purely for your information, without having to provide any personal information. In this case, we do not collect personal information from you.
However, if you choose to contact us online by filling out the relevant contact form, then, when completing it, you provide us with your absolute necessary personal information. In this case, the collection and processing of this personal data is necessary in order to execute your specific request, answer your questions, provide you with information or confirm our communication, in order to ensure the quality of our services provided to you.
Such data shall not be further processed, in a manner that does not comply with the above purposes.
(Β) Within the scope of the performance of a contract you have awarded us (whether it is a project contract, a supply contract, a service contract, etc.) or of a contract that you intend to assign to us (pre-contractual stage) or for the provision of services or an employment contract, it is necessary to provide us with various details – information – data. This personal data is required for processing your order, for the proper fulfillment of our obligations arising from the performance of our contracts and for the proper and complete provisions of services on its part, as well as for improving in general our services to you and managing our contractual relations, as well as in some cases for our compliance with a legal requirement.
(B) Your email address may also be used to send newsletters.
(D) In case of collection and processing of personal data, for which a consent of the subject is required, such consent shall be given either electronically or in hard copy and may be revoked at your will.
Data are processed both in print and electronic media and are registered in the corporate system in accordance with the applicable law. Such Data shall not be further processed in manner that does not comply with the above purposes.
Personal Data of Minors
We do not collect deliberately any information of children under the age of eighteen (18) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide us with information about yourself unless you are given consent by the person with parental responsibility.
Retention Period of Personal Data
Data are stored for as long as necessary to meet the objectives for which they were collected.
1.- When the process of data is required as an obligation stipulated by provisions of a national legislation, your personal data shall be stored for as long as required by the relevant provisions.
2.- When processing is performed on the basis of a contract, your personal data shall be stored for as long as necessary to carry out the contract and for establishment, carrying-out and the support of any legal claim under the said contract.
3.- Where the collection and processing of personal data requires the consent of the subject, the personal data shall be retained until you declare to us the withdrawal of your consent, and of course, if there is no other legal obligation requiring the storage and processing of such data.
4.- Regarding personal data collected when you subscribe to contact forms and/or newsletters, such data shall be retained until you declare to us that you no longer wish to receive from us newsletter and/or promotional information and promotional material, if there is no other legal obligation requiring the storage and processing of such data.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
Our company may process your personal data if the processing is necessary for at least one of the following cases (legal bases for data processing), i.e.:
- For carrying out a contract/assignment we have entered into with customers, suppliers, subcontractors, partners, staff and stakeholders and for the proper and complete provision of services by our company (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR)
- In order to comply with our legal obligation (Article 6(1)© GDPR and Article 9(2)(b) GDPR, such as the processing of personal data for our tax and insurance obligations, the publication of legal acts and information of the S.A. company (including the identity of natural persons) on the Commercial Registry (GEMI)-website , etc.
- For the purposes of both your and our legal interests (Article 6 (1)(vi) GDPR).
- In cases you have given your explicit consent, when and where it is required (Article 6(1)(a) and Article 9(2)(a) GDPR).
- For the establishment, carrying-out and support of legal claims (Article 9(1)(iv) GDPR)
Recipients of Personal Data
Our company may send personal data to following recipient categories:
- Public Authorities: where necessary in accordance with the requirements and pursuant to the provisions of the insurance, labour, tax laws and other legislation, and in all cases in accordance with the established legal procedures.
- Third parties – Partners of our company (such as partners, subcontractors, transport companies and courier companies, insurance companies, chattered accountants, agents, etc.), always in accordance with the applicable law. Customer/supplier information may be communicated to a partner company with the same object, within the scope of carrying out our contract obligation.
- Under applicable law, we may, on a case-by-case basis, transfer your absolute necessary personal data, for the carrying-out and proper performance of the contracts signed between us to safeguard our legitimate interests in the collection and repayment of the debts already incurred, as well as of any other legal right and legal claim to law firms, accounting/tax advisor offices and accountants/tax advisors, notaries and bailiffs.
Protection of Personal Data
Our company takes all appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures with the aim to safely process any personal data and to prevent any accidental loss or destruction or illegal use or disclosure without authorized access thereof. All our partners/recipients provide warrantees of compliance with the Privacy Regulation.
Furthermore, we constantly inform our staff and partners about the importance of confidentiality, safeguarding privacy and preserving the safety of your personal data.
Your rights regarding your personal data, are as follows:
- The right to access your own personal data kept by our company (access rights)
- The right to request from us to correct your own personal data, if they are inaccurate or not updated (correction rights)
- The right to request the deletion of your own personal data, when it is no longer necessary for us to keep them, under the restrictions provided for in the cases of Article 1 of the Regulation (right of deletion).
- The right to withdraw (without retroactive effect) your consent to the processing of personal data.
- The right to require from us, to the extent technically practicable, to transfer the data to another Controller as long as the processing of your personal data has taken place with your consent or was necessary for carrying out the respective contract.
- The right to limit the processing of your own personal data in case of dispute on the accuracy or processing thereof.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, unless there are compelling and legitimate reasons for the said processing which prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms.
Please note that the above rights may be limited by a legal obligation, for example, if you request the deletion of data while we are obliged to retain such data pursuant to the current legislation, e.g. pursuant to a tax law, or to raise a legal claim. Additionally, your rights to delete personal data, object or limit the processing of such data may not be satisfied, partially or in whole, if they relate to data necessary for the preparation and/or continuation of carrying out the contract/assignment signed between us, regardless of the source of their collection.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to exercise any of the above rights and to resolve any questions regarding the applicable legislation on personal data.
Our company does not use any cookies.
We reserve our right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version thereof shall be posted on our official website.
The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
For any questions on how personal data are processed, please contact us at the email address: email@example.com
For further queries, you can contact the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).